Customise the Ribbon
In Office 2013 you can tailor and personalise the ribbons so that they will appear exactly the way you want them. You can produce customised tabs and custom groups that will hold frequently used instructions.
The user can add a command to an existing group or create a new tab and add custom groups to their new tab. All custom tabs or groups will appear in the ‘Customise Ribbon’ section of the ‘Application Options’ with the new name and Custom in brackets – Example: Position (Custom)
Customising the Ribbon in Microsoft Office (Excel)
• Click the File tab, then click Options within the menu and click Customise Ribbon.
(It is also possible to get to the Customise Ribbon window by right-clicking on any of the tabs and choosing Customise the Ribbon.)
Add a Custom Tab
• When you click New Tab, you add a custom tab and custom group. It is only possible to add commands to custom groups.
• You can rename both the Tab and the Group by right-clicking and choosing rename.
To Add a New Group to a Tab
• When you click New Group, you add a custom group to an existing tab.
• Click New Group and the New Group (Custom) information will appear.
• You can rename the Group by right-clicking and choosing rename.
To Add Commands to a Tab
• From within the customise the ribbon menu, click on the dropdown menu under “Choose Commands From” and select the required tab where your command is normally found and click on the command to add.
• Click on the new tab and group that you want to add this command to.
• Click on the Add button in the middle of the screen.