To Refresh a PivotTable Data Manually
To update or refresh your PivotTable you should first click anywhere within the PivotTable.
When you click anywhere within the PivotTable you will see an additional tab appearing on screen – this is the PivotTable Tools – within this tab you will see the Options tab and the Design tab.
- Choose the Options tab
- Within the Data section of the tab you can choose to update in any of the following ways:
- If you want to update information in the PivotTable to match the data source you can choose to Refresh, alternatively you can choose ALT+F5.
- You can also right-click the PivotTable and then choose to Refresh .
- To refresh all PivotTables in the workbook, click the Refresh button arrow, and then click Refresh All.
- There may be some minimal formatting or display changed if you refresh your PivotTable.
- Within the PivotTable Tools tabs, choose the Options tab.
- Within the PivotTable section of this tab, choose PivotTable Options.
- Make sure that the Autofit column width on update and Preserve cell formatting on update check boxes are selected on the Layout & Format tab within the dialogue box.
To View The Refresh Status Or Cancel The Refresh Of A PivotTable
- When you start a refresh of your PivotTable data, it is possible to view the Refresh Status or Cancel Refresh.
- In the Data group on the options tab, choose the selection arrow below the Refresh button, and then click Refresh Status to view the status or Cancel Refresh to stop refreshing.
To Refresh PivotTable Data Automatically When Opening The Workbook
- Click anywhere in the PivotTable report.
- This displays the PivotTable Tools, adding an Options and a Design tab.
- On the Options tab, in the PivotTable group, click Options.
- In the PivotTable Options dialog box, on the Data tab, select the Refresh data when opening the file check box.