The New Fluent Interface
The arrow at the top of the File tab returns you to your open file.
WHAT IS NEW IN MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013
New features in Microsoft Office 2013, compared to 2003 and earlier versions, include
• Live View
• Collaboration facilities
• New Template Library
• Improved Graphics and Smart Art
• Printing and Layout Options
CUSTOMIZABLE QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR
All of the office applications have a quick access toolbar at the top of the screen.
The quick access toolbar, by default, has the save, undo and redo buttons. However, more buttons can be added to this.
1. Click the down arrow circled above in orange
2. Select the More Commands… option
3. Select the required command from the left hand list and double click on it to add to the quick access toolbar, which appears on the right hand side.
4. Click OK when finished
GALLERIES AND DIALOG LAUNCHERS
Within each tab on the ribbon, the user can choose from pre-defined options that have a preview,
known as a gallery. Dialog launchers are also available at the bottom of any gallery that shows advanced options.
In the bottom right-hand corner of the Office 2013 program screen, the view options are available.
There are the options that were originally available in the old View menu and there is a new slider for the zoom option.