Slicers in Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel 2010 and 2013 introduces Slicers which helps the user to quickly and simply filter their data dynamically on a pivot table or chart. Slicers will appear on the users screen as a floating box which can be moved around the screen to suit the user.
• Create or select a Pivot Table or Chart
• From the Insert ribbon in choose the Slicer button.
• The Insert Slicer dialogue box will appear.
• Choose the fields that you want to filter by selecting the tick box
• When you switch on Slicers they appear on screen with all records selected.
You can click on the required option to selected individual elements from the field or to select multiple elements from the field, press the CTRL key and click.
To clear the filters from the slicer the user should click on the Clear Filter option highlighted above.