As Christmas is approaching and many people are taking holidays, this means that many projects will be stopped over this time. If you are a project manager what should be done before you go on holidays?
Below is a checklist of tasks that I hope you will find useful:
Before Holiday Checklist
- Complete a status report and sent to interested stakeholders
- Update the project plan
- Ensure RAID log is reviewed and updated
- Review if any risks could occur over the holidays
- Inform the project team of the break and when the next project team meeting will occur after the holidays
- Schedule a project meeting for the 1st day after holidays
- Ensure all project team “Out of Office” notifications are set on emails
- Inform all customers’ \ vendors who are involved in the project of the break
- Set all bank holidays for all regions involved in the project in the project plan for next year (if not already in the plan)
- Collate any holidays that the project team have planned for next year (if not already in the plan)
- Finally, enjoy and have a great holiday
What can Olas do to help?
We at Olas has dedicated project managers with many years of experience on project and programme management across many different industries and sectors.
Why not give us a call to discuss your needs and where we can help.