eLearning is the use of technology to enable people to learn at their own pace anytime and anywhere. Training content is usually delivered to the learner via electronic media – e.g. on your computer, tablet or smart phones from a company intranet or across the web.
Olas’s eLearning Service is designed to provide you with a learning solution which can be delivered ‘On Demand’ to employees across the organisation, without the need to schedule trainers, rooms and participants.
Over the last 8 years Olas have completed a variety of projects for our clients (some of whom are listed below) and in the last 2 years we have had over 100 people attend our eLearning Training courses.
Some of the benefits of eLearning include:
- Reduced end-user training costs (no trainer fee, no travel costs etc)
- Standardised training content
- Better engaged users
- Flexible to deliver as a stand-alone solution or combined with classroom training
- Adobe Captivate
- Articulate Presenter, Engage, Quizmaker
- Articulate Storyline
- RWD uPerform
- Adobe Presenter
Olas can perform one/all of the following:
- Develop the entire eLearning project
- Deliver eLearning Training courses:
- Introduction to Adobe Captivate
- Introduction to Articulate Presenter
- Introduction to Articulate Storyline
- Introduction to Adobe Presenter
- Graphic design for eLearning
- Instructional design for eLearning
- Develop the eLearning design templates
- Record voiceover
- Manage the eLearning project
- Perform quality assurance checks and offer advice on the eLearning project
Types of Projects
The following are types of projects which Olas have developed
- System simulations e.g.
- SAP system training
- Training for other ERP Systems
- Web based tools
- Microsoft Application Training Tips
- Accounting Software Training
- Business Process Training
- Company Policy Training
- Electronic Handbook of Procedures
To discuss your requirements in more detail please contact:
United Drug had an anti-bribery compliance document that needed to be communicated to all employees both in Ireland and across their international locations. As this document contained very legal/technical language, United Drug wanted to ensure that the key messages were not lost amid the legal language and that everyone, including those whom English was not their first language, understood the content.
Olas eLearning Solution:
Olas developed an eLearning programme which documented the key messages in easy-to-understand diagrams and text including quizzes to engage the learners. The complete policy document was also included as a reference document. To-date the eLearning programme has been delivered to 2,000 employees across 5 countries.
Fáilte Ireland were rolling out a new system and procedure to all 600 employees in their 52 offices located around Ireland. As with all state agencies, Fáilte Ireland’s budgets have been cut and they didn’t want to spend money on travel expenses for employees to travel to Dublin or for a trainer to travel around Ireland to all 52 locations. They also had a short time frame in which to deliver the training.
It was decided to develop 6 training simulations to cover the features of the new system and the concepts of the new procedure. As it turns out, this project took place during our famous “cold snap” in winter 2010 and therefore travelling would not have been an option for anyone involved. A survey of 152 employees found that 140 people or 92.1% rated the material either very good or excellent. Having followed up recently with FI, another by-product of this project is they have very little support calls to the help-desk for this new system.