E-learning is the use of technology to enable people to learn at their own pace anytime and anywhere. Training content is usually delivered to the learner via electronic media – e.g. on your computer, tablet or smart phones from a company intranet or across the web.
Olas’s e-learning service is designed to provide you with a learning solution which can be delivered ‘On Demand’ to employees across the organisation, without the need to schedule trainers, rooms and participants.
Over the last eight years Olas have completed a variety of projects for our clients (some of whom are listed below) and in the last two years we have had over 100 people attend our e-learning training courses.
Some of the benefits of e-learning include:
- Reduced end-user training costs (no trainer fee, no travel costs, etc.)
- Standardised training content
- Better engaged users
- Flexible to deliver as a stand-alone solution or combined with classroom training
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Presenter
- Articulate Presenter
- Articulate Engage
- Articulate Quizmaker
- Articulate Storyline
- RWD uPerform
We can perform one or all of the following:
- Instructional Design – e.g. Structuring the course into modules/lessons with objectives and outcomes
- Graphic Design – e.g. Developing a template, colour scheme and overall look and feel for the e-learning package
- Presentation Creation / Updates – e.g. Updating content, improving the flow of content, incorporating suitable images and diagrams
- Voice-over Recording and Synching
- Video Importing. If required we can search for videos to be included – e.g. YouTube
- Quiz Creation – e.g. Creating quiz questions, including scores and feedback, randomizing questions
- Including External Resources – e.g. Links or additional documents
- Publishing the e-learning package – e.g. Uploading onto an LMS or Intranet
Types of Projects
The types of projects where this works well are as follows:
- Health and Safety
- IT Policy Training
- Computer systems training e.g. a company database or ERP system (SAP, Oracle, Integra, etc.)
- Standardised training to be rolled out to a large number audience dispersed globally across the company
To discuss your requirements in more detail please contact:
United Drug had an anti-bribery compliance document that needed to be communicated to all employees both in Ireland and across their international locations. As this document contained very legal/technical language, United Drug wanted to ensure that the key messages were not lost amid the legal language and that everyone, including those whom English was not their first language, understood the content.
Olas E-Learning Solution:
Olas developed an e-learning programme which documented the key messages in easy-to-understand diagrams and text including quizzes to engage the learners. The complete policy document was also included as a reference document. To date the e-learning programme has been delivered to 2,000 employees across five countries.
Fáilte Ireland were rolling out a new system and procedure to all 600 employees in their 52 offices located around Ireland. As with all state agencies, Fáilte Ireland’s budgets have been cut and they didn’t want to spend money on travel expenses for employees to travel to Dublin or for a trainer to travel around Ireland to all 52 locations. They also had a short time frame in which to deliver the training.
Olas E-Learning Solution:
It was decided to develop 6 training simulations to cover the features of the new system and the concepts of the new procedure. As it turns out, this project took place during our famous “cold snap” in winter 2010 and therefore travelling would not have been an option for anyone involved. A survey of 152 employees found that 140 people or 92.1% rated the material either very good or excellent. Having followed up recently with FI, another by-product of this project is they have very little support calls to the help-desk for this new system.