- You will gain an in-depth understanding of the advanced topics required to implement production planning in SAP SCM APO.
- This course is organized in a fashion that mimics the step by step process planners will undergo in executing production planning tasks on a daily basis. We start with setup up alert profiles to manage the day to day exceptions. Participants will walk through a detailed analysis of the net requirements calculation process that is executed during product heuristics. Gain an understanding of how scheduling is performed as new orders are created. This will include analyzing source determination rules as well as scheduling strategies. Participants will analyze the pegging functionality and the master data parameters that can control the outcome of pegging. Additionally, we will perform an analysis of process, service and REM heuristics. Lastly, perform an overview of the detailed scheduling activities involved in developing an execution schedule.
Price per Person: Click Here
- This course is aimed at project team members, consultants, key users, and Business Analysts responsible for implementing and supporting Production Planning with SAP SCM based on the component SAP APO 7.02 and is relevant for earlier releases.
- The course works with a SAP ERP 6.0 system on Enhancement Package 5 and active new general ledger (new G/L)
- Please note that the course also takes the functions into consideration on earlier releases (and on classic GL)
Course based on software release
- SAP ERP Central Component (ECC) 6.0 Enhancement Package 6
- Setup and management of the Alert Monitor
- Using Evaluation and interactive planning tools
- Examination of the PP Planning Procedure
- Introduction to Product, Process, and Service Heuristics
- Overview of Demand management: Make-to-stock and make-to-order strategies in PPDS
- Familiarization of interactively and mass production planning, utilizing commonly used heuristics
- Pegging and its impact on PPDS
- Analysis of the influencing steps of production planning (Net Rqmts Calculation, Lot-Sizing, Source Determination)
- Overview of detailed scheduling
- Introduction to graphical planning board and optimizer