This programme has been designed to assist managers needing to develop and improve their management of change skills.
Full Day Course Price: €550 per person
Click here to view the upcoming Virtual Live Training 1.5 hour session schedule.
To book onto a Virtual Live Training 1.5 hour session, or series of sessions, please click here.
- Dates available on request, please call for details – 1 Day
Managers who need to improve their change management skills.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Develop increased knowledge of the nature of change and the causes of resistance to change at both organisational and individual levels
- Develop leadership techniques of planning for and dealing with change processes and creating a positive change environment within organisations
- Be able to handle individual and group resistance to change in an effective and constructive manner
- Develop appropriate Action Plans for dealing with change issues by participants in their own work environment
Introduction, Objectives, Content and Expectations
Introduction to Change Management Process
Concept of change today and current environmental factors
Challenge for managers in initiating and leading change in organisations
Review of changes taking place participants’ organisations
Nature of Change
From organisational to individual perspective
Types of change – structural, social, behavioural change issues
Impact of change on organisations and their staff
People’s Reaction to Change
Human flexibility and adaptability to a changing environment
Barriers and resistance to change – typical examples
Most common reasons for resistance, typical behaviour patterns
Primary impact on people of organisational changes
The personal change cycle
Creating an Environment that Reduces and Overcomes Resistance
Looking at behaviour patterns
Covey’s circles of influence and control
Factors that managers should address in achieving acceptance of / commitment to changes
Managers role as leaders of organisational change
Cotter’s 7 Stage Model for leading change initiatives
Developing trust and confidence
Developing a strategy for introducing change
Formalising real consultation processes in times of change
Leading and Managing Change Workshop
Discussion and development of group and individual Action Plans for leading and managing change from participants’ viewpoint and their position of responsibility
Programme Review and Evaluation
Use will be made of open group discussion, exercises and role-plays with analysis and feedback.